Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Descriptive Essay from Class V English

United 6- Theme: We are all related



There are many cultures around the world. In every country and on every continent people live out their daily lives sleeping, eating, working, going to school, spending time with their families, and caring for each other. In that way we all are related. 

Whether we live in the desert, like a Bedouin family or in the Arctic, like the Inuit, or here in Bhutan, we all have our daily routines. As you read about children from Guyana, Kenya and India, you will see that their routines are not a lot different from your routines. You will also read about our unique Bhutanese culture and compare our way of life with those of other peoples. You may be surprised to learn that we are more similar that we are different. 
 
This simulation is created to align the theme 'We are all related' by portraying my knowledge about the place I live and to let students appreciate the beauty of the place they have been staying. Though the place they live right now may not be their home town but the place is related and connected to them. The simulation I have created is about Haa, Domchu village, where I was brought up. The place is more familiar than my own hometown, sometime you get connected to place and people. So through this simulation, I want my students to explore the place they live in and write a short descriptive essay.  

Watch the simulation on Haa, Domchu village and carry out the activity given below.




Learning activity. Writing about my locality.

Instruction for the activity

1. Do pre-writing about your locality by using spider map
In your spider web you can  write about:
  • the origin of the place name.
  • about the local culture
  • local festival
  • local language
  • about lhakhangs and temples around your locality
  • about recreational sites and many more

Example of spider web.





2. Now a write short description about each sub-topic.
3. Take pictures of the anything related to your place and your description.
4. You can even serve net to look for the pictures.

Activity 2. Saving it in word document

Note: Students are familiar with word document and adding pictures. They have also learned to save files on their desktop in their previous class, that is in class IV.

1. Now open a new MS word document.
2. Type the information you have collected in the word document.
3. Add related pictures.
4. save your work on the desktop with your name and class


To create this simulation, I jotted down all the information related to my locality. I got the information from my parents, local people and I followed some of the famous blogger like Denkar and Yewong Gateway. I even googled to read through history of some lhakhangs. The pictures used were mostly downloaded from net and few of them were from my collection. I used google map to give  exact location of some of the homestay in Domchu village. The next step was to compile the information and pictures in sequence. After that I copied the information and picture one by one in a slide, in the process I added transition, animation and kept them in auto play. This process took me almost one whole day because one have to add multiple of transitions and repeatedly play and see if it used runs smoothly or not. When I finished with the preparation of simulation in Power point slide, I then used Camtesia software to convert by simulation into video since it was easier to upload video than power point presentation. Using the Capcut I recorded voice  and added sub titles to let my views know what I am narrating.  





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Descriptive Essay from Class V English

United 6- Theme: We are all related There are many cultures around the world. In every country and on every continent people live out their ...